Thursday, December 29, 2011

Blog/Blogging/Blogger - To Blog or Not To Blog?

So I continue to process the idea of blogging or not blogging. Many things come to my mind -
Should I blog?
Who blogs?
Why blog?
What really is a blog?
What could I possibly say that would interest any readers?

I have spent the past couple of years reading various blogs - some on stamping, some on crafting, some on couponing... My friend Robyn has a blog that talks about her family and I casually keep up on that blog - she has ventured into product testing and writing reviews.. If you are interested you can find her blog at http://www.coolestmommy.com/

There was an entire movie of which I am aware devoted to blogging - Julie & Julia. In that blog, Julie wrote every day about what she made out of the Julia Child's Joy of Cooking cookbook.. Her blog was read... so much so that they made a movie..imagine that??

But what do I have to offer? Should I really blog?... I guess by the mere fact that I am posting this on the net I am already blogging although does it mean anything if no one reads it? Awww, yes, another question.

Having done some quick research on Wikipedia I have found that blogs are posted on the net for almost everything - personal, corporations, organizations, by genre, media type, etc. Actually Wikipedia an enormous amount of info about blogs..you can read that here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog

So after processing this what does it come down to for me? My goal would be to know that someone is reading my blog and getting an idea, a laugh or a thought that is new and encouraging.. Wonder if I can do that?

So now... am I now a blogger??? Yet another question to ponder...more to come...

No comments: